Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oral Roberts University College Weekend Day 1


By God's divine appointment with the Brown family, I am up at Oral Roberts this week/weekend. It was so exciting being back in the OK. I never knew I could be so excited to see Braum's or Quiktrips.. but I was! And I'm so glad to be back. After a long day of getting here, Katherine and I checked in. The people at ORU are crazy energetic and sweet. After checking in, we went to orientation and took a tour and made some new friends and we all adventured around for a while. Then we met up with the people we'll be living with. Katherine and I got separated. I am rooming with three other girls and I am the one white girl, I love it. haha. My roomies are so sweet. After getting settled in, we went and grabbed dinner then rushed over to the ORU talent show, and all day I had my mind set that I wanted to go to the night chapel tonight. So I ran over to that after the talent show and oh my goodness..  a solid hour and a half of just pure worship non stop. That's it. Just worship. It was AMAZING. I have never seen so many people become undignified before the Lord on stage. The worship leaders danced and their joy was contagious and the Lord was there! I really wish I could have that worship experience everywhere I go.  
I had hands layed on me and was prayed over in different languages more than once tonight. It was such a cool experience. [Letter back home: after having hands layed on me, they played How He Loves and they used the sloppy wet kiss version.] <3  Anywho.. after that we came back to the dorm and had devotionals with some of the girls on our floor who go to school here which was really nice. I love the atmosphere here. Everywhere you go people are in love with God, I'm so not used to that and it's very comforting. Every little thing deserves a "Thank You Jesus!" or "God is so good to me!" - can't tell you how many times I've heard those over the littlest things. It makes me happy.    

Anyways, it's 2am and I have a meeting at 7:30am haha WHOOPS.
I promised some people a blog while I was here so I'm going to try to come through.
It's freezing here, it was in the 40's and I do not like it, but other than that I am so grateful / thankful for this experience. I'm having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment