Saturday, November 17, 2012

"I'll take you to my quiet waters. I'll restore your soul. Come rest in me and be made whole."

HELLO EVERYONE! Hope I am finding you all well on this wonderful day.
I had an extremely bizarre morning/ afternoon. I woke up and God was like "Let's go on an adventure!" So I literally woke up, put on some shoes and a sweatshirt and walked out the door with no clue what the day's plans consisted of. He was taking me on a date, it was exciting. We started out our day together getting some carrot cake pancakes (with a cream cheese topping of course). I'm addicted to all sorts of pancakes, even my Heavenly Daddy knows that. Then I took the pancakes and ate/ had quiet time at this cute little place by the lake. (Please keep in mind this adventure has led me out of my cute little town at this point. We weren't holding back!). From my point of view, I'm soaking up every sacred moment with my Heavenly Father. To the average onlooker I'm this weird chick who's eating pancakes by herself. Story of my life.
I thought my time and view of the lake was nice from where I was sitting up top. After I had quiet time I felt led to go on a walk. Also keep in mind that I'm still not in a place that I'm familiar with. I also am known for getting lost. Not sure what I was thinking. I've found myself to be a little more adventurous and brave lately. Part of it was this wasn't exactly my agenda to begin with, so I sort of rolled with it.
ANYWAYS, so I start to go on a jog in this foreign area and I'm like ok.. why did You bring me all the way here just to go on a jog. Like I do that at home all the time?

                                                So I walk and then I find this secret place under a bridge.
First I see this. I kind of have a nack for that artsy kind of stuff. So I was like ok, cool. Then I keep walking down and then I see..

THIS.

Except I was a lot closer. I went up top to get a better view so yall could get a better feel of the whole picture. I was like OH HOW NEAT! I was so excited, I wasn't expecting that.. at all. So after playing around there for a bit I kept walking into this unknown land. And just when I thought it couldn't get any better I found another place. Completely tucked away. I didn't get a very good picture of it because I couldn't get a wide shot of it, but I sat there, laid my head back and relaxed on a big rock and just soaked up God's awesomness. It was incredible. Absolutely incredible. He LITERALLY led me beside still waters. (Psalm 23:2)  God still gets cray in 2012 ya'll. Don't underestimate Him.

After THAT, I found a trail. 
(Like.. what? I don't know where I am.. how the heck did I just find a trail..)
During my first quiet time I had read part of Isaiah "The Lord will guide you always."..weird"He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11
And then He led me to a trail which took me to places like this.
This past week I had a day where I was sort of in panic mode wondering if needs would be met etc. It really freaked me out there for a little bit. Then today happened. I was completely filled. THE LORD WILL SATISFY YOUR NEEDS IN A SUN-SCORCHED LAND -- YES!
He has and He will!

The views just kept getting better and better as the day progressed. It was crazy.

I went through a period of about two years where I felt like every huge monumental breaking point in a person's life happened. I know I still have a lot more of those to go, it's a part of growing up. Life is slowly getting to a better place each day. It's like He was telling me .. "Hey, keep on going.. things get better!"  Like, my life is great right now. It truly is. Is it perfect and do I still wish I could change some things? Of course. No matter how great your life is, life is hard! But God has great things waiting on the other side. "Greater things have yet to come" is my mindset these days. 


I was just having so much fun on this adventure with the Lover Of My Soul. I couldn't get enough. I had finally realized after being taken to random places that day that even when things got hard during those different difficult seasons, Jesus  had never stopped pursuing me. Once I finally opened my eyes, I didn't want our date to end. Like I left at 11:00 that morning and didn't get back until almost 5:00 . But that was THE best way I could have spent my last day in TX for the next week. I fly out to New York tomorrow! Such a different life than the one I was living today in peace and quiet, but I am so excited! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment