Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm only good at being young.

Didn't exactly wake up feelin' like p-diddy this morning .. I knew a strange day awaited me.  Before I left for school my sister & my brother in law came over to say their goodbyes. They moved to South Carolina today..  After we took pictures and exchanged hugs I took off for my first day of college. Luckily I had great favor when it came to parking.(You know parking is bad when you get so excited about finding a spot that you write about it in a blog) ..LAME.  I went to my first class and the professor never showed up, so my whole class sat outside in the hallway and got to know eachother haha. Perfect way to start college ? Maybe.   And I survived my other two classes !

                    Psalm 28:7 


 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
       my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
       My heart leaps for joy
       and I will give thanks to him in song.

I wasn't as nervous as I expected myself to be. Thank God. [literally]. 
I got everywhere on time and got back home in one piece. woowoo !


After I got home from school I headed off to get a haircut. 
.. Actually more of a hair CHOP. I donated 7 inches of my wonderful locks.Last time I donated my hair it was in honor of my friend Caty. There's only so much one can do for a cancer patient , so donating my hair made me feel like I was doing my part. This time when I donated , I did it in honor of my mama :)
Once I finished up with my haircut I headed up to the medical center to suprise mom with my new hair while she was receiving her chemo.
Chemo will start to kick into her system within the next couple of days. Mom isn't too excited about experiencing what she experienced with her last treatment , so pray she doesn't have to! Please & Thank you . 

Lots of love XOXO ,
Alex

3 comments:

  1. Love your hair, your gorgeous self, and your beautiful mother (:
    You're amazing. And I love love love you (:

    "Long story...dancing bear."
    "I think he lives on trill hill."
    "Kayla can't sit with us!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love yall and praying for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex

    I love your blog and am so grateful for you my precious daughter!
    I am so blessed to have you here by my side, praying and holding my hand.
    I love you!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete