Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Life of an Insomniac

I haven't written in a while .. every time the past few weeks I've tried to write something it hasn't felt right, so I haven't posted anything I've written.
At 4:00am this morning I was awakened. There was no sound that woke me up, there was really no reason other than the Lord wanted me to spend time with him. So as I'm writing this at 5:30am .. the past hour and a half that's what I've been doing.
If you've read a little bit older posts of mine, you'd know that I went through a Bible study for women about the seasons of our life. Mostly emotional seasons (Winter was the cold,rough times etc.) , but what the Lord drew to my attention today was that I'm about to be going through a pretty big season of change. - hah, thanks a lot God.  - Honestly I may have been trying to avoid this obvious truth, maybe that's why He woke me up today.         It's amazing what peace praying can bring, especially when you do it out loud. GOD HEARS US! It's a beautiful thing.

As this apparent season of change is arising, I need to remind myself to think less and pray more. Anyone reading this feel free to keep me accountable because I have the tendency to get all worked up and forget about the strong presence that calms me down the most.
God has been telling me to trust HIM, that not everything is going to go the way I want it to but I have to believe that everything He does will work together for my good. And sometimes my good means things can go my way, I just have to wait and see!
IT'S ALL IN YOUR HANDS,GOD!


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment