Monday, May 16, 2011

A few days ago a girl I went to middle school with passed away from being in a tragic car accident. Now I can't say me and this girl were best buds or even friends in general in middle school. We were involved in different things so we weren't  really in the same friend circles.  I see all my friends posting stuff about her and on her facebook wall. So naturally I went and read through some of the posts to see what my friends were writing about her and I came across the post her boyfriend left and I lost it. It wasn't some long drawn out post, it was only one sentence, but it spoke so much. I felt sick to my stomach.
WE'RE SO YOUNG. Things happen to people, and they leave us. Just like that. I think I freaked because I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself if I ever lost my boyfriend (or anyone I'm close to for that matter). People are stupid if they think "oh, you're too young nothing could ever happen, you've got a while to live" or "you're too young to be in love or know what love is."  granted, there are plenty of foolish people my age when it comes to knowing what love is ..           there's so many different types of love, and I think every person has their own.     Don't get me wrong, I'd be a mess if anything happened to my family .. but this girl's boyfriend's wall post is what shook me, so that's immediately what I connected to.
I didn't even "know" these two people but their love was so simple and beautiful and I could even see that just as an onlooker and these kids are my age.      There's no such thing as overusing the words " I love you" or  publicly showing the world how much you care about another person. If anything ever happened to them it may be too late for you to do those things.
Tell your loved ones you love them today; whether it be your significant other, your best friend, or your family
Let 'em know


"I know you won't be dating any angels in Heaven and that you'll wait for Christian to get there, cause you guys are so perfect for each other. 
Please comfort Christian, his family, and your family." 
- Sweet words written by my friend Tiffany Guerra

 I'm so happy you found love while you were here,Susana Huerta.
Stay strong Christian Gonzalez.

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog while doing some research of my sister's accident. Thank you so much for taking note. I can tell you that Christian and Susana were deeply in love. It is the kind of love that people look their whole lives for. They accepted each other for exactly who they were. Susana was a wonderful, kind and loving person. She touched so many lives. Everyone who spoke of her told stories of how Susana would somehow provide them with courage to be who they were and never give up. As Christian said in her eulogy, if we take anything from this tragic loss Susana would want us all to "just be a good person." Sincerely,
    Amanda Huerta Tobar
    Susana's oldest sister

    ReplyDelete