Saturday, May 7, 2011

Meet Veronica, yes I occasionally call her by first name to catch other people off guard. This is my mother. Conveniently in a few days will mark a year ago that she was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, making this Mother's day one of the most treasured. About a year ago, one in my position could be uncertain if they'd be able to celebrate another Mother's day. That sounds awful. Fortunately, I didn't think about that much :) I had other things on my mind. And [also fortunately,] I have my Mother here to celebrate today .. and things are looking good for her!  I'm thankful.
The months going through surgery and chemotherapy and whatever elsemwere different, roles were reversed at times. I was the one making my mom peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because she didn't like anything else and sleeping with my door open so that if she hollered I would wake up. We had to baby her, it was inevitable.    Now for the most part, stuff is getting back to normal. She still drives me insane, but I'm glad she's here regardless ;)  
Thanks for all you've done and will continue to do Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment