Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't really write on here much anymore, but my heart is hurting this morning. I woke up to find that one of my high school team-mate's and fellow daughter of a breast cancer fighter's mom passed away last night.  It's sort of surreal because this woman was one of the reasons that sparked my heart for breast cancer fighters, it's sort of a cool story.  If none of you know, breast cancer has been hereditary in my family. My Grandma passed away from it when I was young, so I didn't really understand much then.   In high school I met Amy. We danced together and she was the sweetest girl. One day I found out that her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Something tugged on my heart and I got a group of my friends together and we went out and bought a bucket and filled it with everything pink that we could find and we gave it to Amy and her mom. - That was just the beginning. My senior year MY mom was diagnosed. Amy came running to my rescue and would constantly send me messages checking on my mom and one of my childhood friends who also fought cancer. She would even send me encouraging words to lift my spirits.   Amy's mom has been fighting for so long, and she has been fighting so hard, I can just tell from the way Amy talks about her that she was going to put up a fight.She was strong. The Lord decided she had been through enough and He took her home last night to a place where CANCER IS NO MORE. I hate the feeling of loss and can't even imagine what the family is going through, but there is always the assurance of knowing that she is not suffering anymore and she is enjoying her new cancer free life, and for that I am thankful. Because cancer sucks.

Amy if you read this, I love you and I can't express how proud I am of you for being such an amazing support system for your mom and for other's like me.   Your story is going to touch hearts in ways you can't even imagine. We'll always have a different bond and I thank God for our friendship. <3

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Alex for this. It means the WORLD to know that I have friends as wonderful and amazing as you. This time has been very surreal, weird, yet peaceful for me and I know God has helped me so much. Things have been tough but I know my mom is so proud of me in seeing how I'm handling everything. Thank you for being there for me during all these sucky times but also through the good. I know, like you say, that my mom is in a happier place and for that, I'm grateful.

    With that being said, I need to know how YOUR momma is doing. I hope she is doing well. BTW, I FINALLY finished reading your text (it's been a long day) and yes, we will definitely get together soon!

    Again, thank you for the immense support you have given me. It makes things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete