Friday, January 11, 2013

Wanting God More Than My Craving

I haven't forgotten! Believe me, with my social media fast going on I have a lot more time on my hands. I've just been waiting for a breakthrough day so I have some substance to write about. Today was a breakthrough day :)   I woke up early, hit the gym and ran 3 miles. Then I rewarded myself by picking up two packages at the clubhouse. (Which just so happen to be two pairs of shoes I ordered. That's another topic for another day. Shoes are another "craving" I'm going to have to limit soon.) I carried my packages back to my cute little house, did some crunches and push ups, grabbed some celery and started my Made To Crave studying for the day. Today's was so good! 
Today I found myself asking God to strip away anything that could turn my heart from Him. Today I found myself longing to be a woman who denies myself daily and follows the Lord -- just as He commands me to. [Luke 9:23]

Praises to Daddy-  
~I have gone 4 days without social media. This is huge for me, I'm a people person (Except for when I don't want to be, hehe) so this progress is SO not by my own strength.
~ Today, I picked up a food that I'm fasting from and almost somehow convinced myself that I could get away with eating it with my celery.. sweet Lord gave me strength to turn it down!

After denying myself something I was craving, I read my Made To Crave devotional which was about Eve and Jesus and how they handled Satan's temptations.
 Eve, when confronted in the garden, focused on the object of her desire (the forbidden fruit) and didn't even care to ask God what she should do. "She saw it. She wanted it. She bought the lie. She took it. She suffered for it."  
Then there's Jesus. Satan confronted Him while He was fasting -- OF COURSE HE WAS HUNGRY. Satan offered Him food, but He resisted because His physical needs were being met by God.(Physical Craving)  Satan also tried to convince Jesus to have His angels come save Him. Of course if anyone should show off to make themselves look good, feel powerful and be elevated in other's eyes.. it's Jesus, but Jesus' security came from being a child of God -- not His human achievements. (Craving to feel significant) 
"While Eve focused on the object of her temptation, Jesus kept His focus on God's truth, He refuted each of Satan's lures with scripture."
"He saw it. He wanted God more. He quoted the truth. He resisted. He was rewarded for it."

What a perfect day for that to be my devotional! It was so encouraging.

I also went to my friend Connor's apartment and made her work out with me too. So I have 4 miles down for the day! Halleluyerrrr,
I'm feeling so great. I'm also feeling sore, which I love. These days it's about "doin' me" -- with Jesus. I can always use prayers for more progress.
And as always, I would love to pray for any of yall's needs!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment