Thursday, September 23, 2010

What can I do but offer this heart oh God completely to you.

 Mom had to go to the hospital this morning because her counts were lower than they've ever been and she was now anemic. She had to get her first blood transfusion today. It was seriously the weirdest thing watching somebody else's blood going into my mom's port.
At first just getting used to the idea of my mom having a port and seeing her  hooked up to medicines in general was strange for me, now THIS?! Where the usual bag of clear fluids or chemo meds usually hung , there was now a frozen bag of blood .. GAG ME. To make matters worse, the nurses came in and were like "oh cool this blood is blue!" and would make other comments that made me want to turn and be like "REALLY?! I'm kind of trying to eat my lunch here people."
Through it all , mom had a great attitude as usual. I don't know how she does it.

Thank you to the donor , wherever you are , for helping make my mommy better.
We're hoping to not have many blood transfusions in the near future, but if needed, I'm sure it would make us feel a lot better if we actually knew who the hecks blood was going to be flowing through my mom's veins. She is O+ , if that means anything to wannabe donors out there.

Allow God to move through you to "fuse" into somebody else's heart today.They just might need it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment