Sunday, September 26, 2010

God,come to me.Make me who You want me to be.

     Entering your last few years of high school , everyone faces the questions "Where do you want to go to school ?" "What do you think you want to major in?" .  At first it felt like everyone around me had their lives already figured out. It made me nervous for a while , then I soon realized that wasn't exactly the case and I didn't need to be nervous. Those people didn't have their lives all figured out, and some of my older friends have already changed their major a multitude of times. Just that little bit of information made me rest assured that I would be fine. I'm already in college and I still have no idea what exactly I want to major in or where I want to transfer to. I have ideas , I'm just extremely indecisive in general. I don't want to make a wrong decision.
   The other day my friend's dad stopped me in the hall at church and we talked about my school life and what not. I told him about my situation and my indecisiveness, and at the end of our conversation he laid his hand on my head and told me he would be praying for me. I can't tell you how good it made me feel to hear that. To know that somebody else would be praying for God to show me what I need to do not only gave me peace , but made me come to the realization that I need to be praying about this situation more myself.
   Throughout my life leading up to where I am now , I've learned from personal experience with my own family not to necessarily go with what's going to get you more money, or do whatever so and so tells you to do. Go with what God says , and he'll take care of the rest. He's proven himself faithful to my family in that aspect.
                                            Philippians 4:6
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

  This verse was first brought to my attention at a young age, I'm pretty sure I was in third grade.
   In kids choir we sang a song "Don't worry about anything , instead pray about everything.Tell God what you need and thank for what he has done..If you will learn to do this, God's peace will come. You won't understand it , but God's peace will come." We did the hand jive to it and everything. Pretty legit for a bunch of little kids leading worship.  
This verse has helped me through so much. Who knew a cute little song could be so useful ?

Needless to say, I'm extremely anxious for what God has in store for me. I just want to hit the ground running already and start my life. Right now, he wants me to wait and I'm starting to be ok with that. Regardless, I can't wait to see what he turns the little girl that I used to be into :)



1 comment: