Thursday, January 27, 2011

We NEED Joy.

 Today has been a chill day.I got to sleep in, which was nice after having 4 hours of sleep the night before because of homework and barely any sleep the night before because of work.  I've been relaxing and trying to put some new music on my ipod. I have to get ready for work in a few hours , I LOVE my new job. - ANYWAYS ..

I'm starting to go to this new Bible study on Tuesday nights with Bre'anna Emmitt. "Joy to the girls".
Another Bible study I walked into by myself with a bunch of older women surrounding me. I guess I like that sort of thing. I've always done Bible studies with people I've grown up with or just a bunch of friends, lately I've been stepping out and doing things on my own which is different but it's turned out to be pretty good.

This week was our first week to meet. Bre'anna told us her story about asking God to restore her joy, and He did. It's one of those things that comes on God's timing.  God wants to make our joy COMPLETE , as said in John chapter 15 verse 11.     She told us about makarious ; happiness [this is only temporary] and chara; joy [this is forever]   - chara comes from the root greek word KARIS .. which means grace. Karis just so happens to be my middle name. I silently squealed when she was talking about it.    Bre'anna then gave us a little analogy "Joy is to love as happy is to like." - self explanatory. Joy provides you with a more spiritual feeling that lasts forever, just as love does. Happiness is but a phase.      She left us with this: "Joy rides the waves of our situations."  ... it's constant, not "seasonal". It's always there. No matter what. Just like Jesus.
TRUE joy comes from Jesus Christ!

If you would like to join us next week, Bible study will be held at Community Bible Church off of 1604 and Gold Canyon in the main sanctuary at 6:30pm. Be sure to buy the book that goes along with the study in the bookstore for $10.00
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment