Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Worthy Enough To Suffer

Today in the "Joy To The Girls" Bible study Bre'anna opened up telling us how we go through seasons of our life. Today we talked about winter, which can be cold and harsh. She told us the story of Job. How even when he was literally on the ground and couldn't get any lower, he WORSHIPED.

Job 1:20-21 When Job heard this, he tore his clothes and shaved his head because of his great sorrow. He knelt on the ground, then worshiped God and said:"We bring nothing at birth; we take nothing with us at death.The LORD alone gives and takes.Praise the name of the LORD!"


I don't know about everyone else, but when I have things taken from me I don't exactly give thanks for it right away. What an AWESOME example Job is!
"What matters is what you do when you're on the ground."-Bre'anna Emmitt

Nehemiah 8:10 says that the JOY of the Lord will be our strength.
-I read this Bible verse over and over again while my mom was going through chemo. While I felt physically weak,God's joy kept me strong.

In Acts we talked about how the apostles were flogged 
[whipped on the back until flesh was torn] for Jesus. 
Acts 5:4And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Another instance .. if I was flogged ... I have no idea how I would react, but I would LOVE to be able to say that I left rejoicing.  God hands us sucky situations sometimes to see how we'll handle them. He lets us experience them because He thinks we're WORTHY enough. Yeah,you heard me. It's an honor and a privilege to experience hardship because God wants you to use your situations for His glory.


After Bible study I went to starbucks with one of my girlfriends. She and her boyfriend just broke up, for those of you who are older bear with me. Teenage love may not seem like the end of the world to you, but it sure does feel like it to the person it's happening to. It hurts no matter your age. I was able to share some of this with her which was something really cool, God gave Bre'anna the perfect message for today. 
I am so thankful for Jesus , and the way He is always on time.

Now, I am going to finish reviewing some biology notes and try to go to bed before 3:00am.. let's see how this turns out. 
Blessings xox

No comments:

Post a Comment