Sunday, February 13, 2011

Joy comes from the Lord.

Alrighttttt. Well it's been almost a week since I posted last. I am slowly easing out of my little emo teenager stage. That night and days that have followed are helping me and I am slowly returning to a better place.

Last Tuesday in week three of the Joy To The Girls Bible study, we talked about how we can't put our joy in other people. - ummm I love when God puts things in front of my face that are EXACTLY what I need in that point in time. It was seriously just what I needed to hear.

There are times when we get things that we want and sometimes we tend to focus more on those "things" than the person who blessed us,God. Blessings should symbolize our relationship with God. They should not replace God, but remind us of Him.  "Appreciate the gift, worship The Giver." -Bre'anna Emmitt

We read Hebrews 13:5 which says, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
- Don't dwell on the things of this world, they're not going to be going with you anywhere once you're dead. Instead, focus on The Maker of all good things who will be with you until the end of time.   We absolutely cannot let ourselves rely on others to be our joy. Joy comes from the LORD. If we entrust those around us with such a big task, we have set ourselves up for dissapointment.


I'm trying to focus on that concept, and keep telling myself that there's a light at the end of this tunnel..

No comments:

Post a Comment