Friday, February 25, 2011

A Perfect Gift

Every good thing and every perfect gift 
comes from the mercy of the Father. - James 1:17


I don't think I've ever written a full out blog about this kid,[partially because I've been scared to, not gna lie.] so I figured today of all days would be extremely appropriate since it's pretty special and he is too.
This summer I was in a Bible study that discussed the topic of dating and something that I stuck out to me, even to this day was that God doesn't create perfect people, but he does create and give you perfect gifts.
Meet Ben,.You've probably heard of him by now ..
I've pretty much known him the majority of my life as I have with quite a few kids I've grown up in church with. I never really thought much of it.     -until last year.
We started hanging out more and then bam . Sort of out of nowhere after a night of playing lazer tag and other fun games with our friend Austin Law we discovered our like for one another. The rest is history. It wasn't long before he became my best friend. I mean, the kid was just as weird as I was .. it was bound to happen. We texted eachother from the time we woke up until the time we went to bed, every day [We still do some days.. we never run out of things to talk about. It's kind of ridiculous.] and we basically  hung out every weekend from then on.

Then there was the semi-awkward Prom stage. We  had just recently started dating and were still trying to figure the other one out. The night ended up being pretty fun though. Definitely a significant and memorable night, really glad we decided to go :)

Now back to the topic of discussion. Ben himself is not perfect, neither am I .. or ANYONE on this earth by any means.. but after about 3 months of dating he became that "perfect gift"  that is mentioned in James. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, God couldn't have put a better person in my life than this kid and his family. His family had also gone through the battle of cancer, coincidence? I don't think so. That was totally God's doing. When people say that God is always on time, they aren't kidding. He had been in the same situation as me at one point, which not a lot of people can say they have been.   Even when he didn't know what to say, he knew what to say. I am extremely blessed that my best friend was such an encouragement to me during that time.

As if that alone was not a blessing, it's great having someone who shares your faith. It's a lot harder finding people who share your morals and follow through with them in public school than you would think. I even had friends who I went to church with, but when we were at school they were completely different people. It was extremely frustrating, but having someone I could talk to, like Ben, about stuff was something I really enjoyed. Someone who loves Jesus takes on a whole new meaning to the word friend.

I have so much fun with this kid, I can't even tell you. We have got to be the weirdest people ever, it's great. I enjoy every minute of it.  There's so much more I wish I could say, but even then it wouldn't do this kid justice..

"Dear Jesus, thank you for ducks Ben."

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment