Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Don't worry about anything - instead pray about everything.

This verse has followed me like none other. [Philippians 4:6]         Little did I know, all the times I heard that verse in the back of my head could easily come down to this very position I'm at in my life right now.
 A friend of mine is going through a rough spot with another friend. I wasn't aware that me trying to help her out with her situation would days later be helping me face my own.
 This morning at about 2:00am I pulled out my Bible and my ipod in a state of helplessness. I had been uncontrollably shaking for about an hour yesterday in result of emotions I was feeling.  I found some amazing scripture, but something that popped out at me was something I had previously highlighted [in the photo above] "God loves you."  - in my state of being totally broken I had heard people tell me they loved me, but my heart felt void other than the love of my Savior. I was just in that kind of place.
 A lot of experiences in my life have lead me to be slow to trust. There are few who I felt honored me,and it took a lot for me to get to that point. It has proven to be no different than the other times I have let other people make me feel good and have been disappointed. And that's going to continue to happen, nobody can satisfy me like my God. It's just a hard concept for me to grasp.
 I flipped through my Bible, then turned off the lights, put in my headphones, listened to songs about God's love for me, and just let it out. That was my ending to a miserable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment