Sunday, July 24, 2011

Didn't know my last post would be me preaching to myself. This week took a turn very quickly. My Nonni went in for open heart surgery a little over a week ago and of course that comes with its own complications, side effects whatever. I honestly believed she was going to be fine even with the reports I had been getting. I prayed and I felt pretty calm about everything.   Today while I was half asleep my dad came into my room and told me he was going to drive up to where my Grandparents live, around the Texas Oklahoma border. Wasn't too long after he arrived that I got the worst phone call ever. My dad could barely make out words, I had to keep myself from crying too. He didn't think my Grandma was going to make it.   And just a little over an hour ago at 10:00pm, my Nonni passed away. Daddy was holding her hand.


So many things I wish I could say to you. I won't forget all the fun times we had baking random things together.  I got my sassiness and my sassy walk from you, I'll make you proud and carry on the legacy. I wish I was there with everyone, and I wish I could be with you where you are now. Shower your love on us and Grandaddy every day.  I'm honored that I could call a woman like you my Nonni.                    I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment