Monday, March 26, 2012

All I go through, it leads me to You

March 25th -- on that day 20 years ago I was born. (The number 20 has a ring to it. Even typing it just now gave me the tingles..I'm 20,weird.) Before reaching the age of 20 I have gone through more than some go through in a lifetime. Although most of the things I've "gotten through" don't hold the greatest memories or feelings, one thing that God spoke to my heart at Winter Jam the night before my birthday was all I go through will always lead me closer to Him. Always. If I'm genuinely pursuing to know the Lord's heart and plan for me, the Lord says if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for the years to come, He definitely keeps me on my toes. In a way I'm thankful for all the yuckiness I've experienced because it truly has gotten me to the point that I'm at. I will never stop growing, learning or maturing. It's an ongoing process.
Thank you to all who made my birthday weekend so much fun. Friends & family I love you all.
Friday a group of friends went downtown to Mi Tierras for dinner. I didn't really want it to be for my birthday, but that idea kind of died when I turned around and the staff from the restaurant started singing happy birthday to me and then handed me cake and balloons.. haha. Regardless of the silliness I'm glad I got to spend time with my friends. It gets harder and harder these days to get us all together.


Saturday is probably what you've all been waiting for. Here's the play by play. Saturday morning Chandler and I went to the AT&T center (wayyyy before the doors were even supposed to open) eventually we got in and with the help of someone who I love dearly -- shout out. Chandler,Taylor,Lauren and I decided the second row was lookin pretty nice. Winter Jam was seriously incredible. I went there only focused on one artist (Kari Jobe), but I ended up getting into almost every artist/band regardless if I had heard them before or not. The atmosphere that night was just amazing. Being surrounded by thousands of people worshiping, it was beautiful. So anyways, some of those bands go on and then we get to a point where someone's like "Kari Jobe is next!" so at that point I literally get nauseous because that means I'm that much closer to getting to meet her. It was quite funny to look back at. I'm ridiculous. Turns out she wasn't next and then I got more upset than nauseous hahahaha so I guess that helped ;). THEN after that band is when my girl Kari came out. AHHHH! She opened with her newest single "We Are" and then sang "Love Came Down" --her version is my favorite ever, then she sang "You Are For Me" -- IN SPANISH! <3 I'm obsessed people. She closed her set with "The Revelation Song" which is what most people (who aren't obsessed like I am) know her by. Ugh it was just so amazing. Throughout the day Kari Jobe's manager had been texting me and it was now time to meet her... I brought my friend Taylor with me and we met up with Kari's manager and he took us back. She signed our posters, took pictures with us and talked to us for a little bit. She told me she liked my perfume and she told me what scent it was without me telling her .. so apparently we have the same taste in perfume. LEGIT. We're obviously supposed to be best friends .. duh. But it was one of the greatest nights of my life. Meeting someone who I've looked up to for so long was indescribable. I am blessed.
   

Sunday (my actual birthday) obviously wasn't as eventful as the two days before, but it was nice. I went out to lunch with the fam and then I had rehearsal for CBC's Easter service. So I got to see a bunch of people I loved as well as do what I love (dance). Later in the day my friend Taylor surprised me with flowers and a card, so sweet. Such a great weekend.
Thank you to all of you for your kind words that I received through facebook,twitter and text. They all meant so much and it was so humbling to get all the messages from people on Saturday who knew I was meeting Kari and knew how excited I was. You sharing in that excitement with me made it all the more exciting. So fortunate to have such amazing people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment