Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ruth & Naomi

I'm currently watching the Warshak children. The two youngest are taking their naps and the oldest and I are eating chocolate chip cookies and watching some Curious George so I thought I would have some quiet time. I'm worn out! Today I read the story of Ruth and Naomi. What a sacred bond, I only hope my future mother in law and I have a relationship such as theirs. And then there's Boaz.. After watching a silly youtube video a while back I've been made aware that I am a typical christian girly girl basically down to every last inch. It's hysterical really. So now whenever I think about boaz I can't help but laugh.
It's kind of embarrassing how much stuff I relate to in this video. But it's so true.
Anyways, back to Ruth.. she stayed in a town where she was unloved and unwanted all because it meant being faithful to the Lord. She walked diligently with Him. Because of this God rewarded her .. with BOAZ!!!! <3 Ugh. love it.    If only we knew that following God even though it may seem as though He's leading us into a place we don't want to be, there are blessings (huge ones) waiting on the other end that don't even compare. For me personally there are places/people that make me feel somewhat unloved.I think we all have those, maybe the Lord is calling us to stick it out and do great work in and through those places and people. Maybe, just maybe. 
Stay tuned on that one ;)

This week has been a hard week on the CBC family. The loss of Mason McCoy and today my friend Aaron's cousin who I posted was missing via my twitter a while back was found, and sadly he was not found alive. Sending up prayers of comfort for both of these families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment