Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dream Big

I don't even know how I'm able to write this post right now, I've literally been shaking for hours. If you don't know me at all then you probably haven't heard of my dedication to artist Kari Jobe. I've been a fan of hers since before most people knew who she was and I have converted a lot of my closest friends to becoming fanatics too. I say all this because the feeling that some of my friends understand me is just so fun haha. Well, last year I made a friend named Jordan, we found out we were both obsessed with Kari Jobe and we hit it off from there. -- that will come into the picture later. The past few years I've been experiencing hard times left and right. While that time was difficult, things are starting to turn around for me. My future is looking bright and there is joy ahead. In Joshua a story that has continued to stay in my heart weeks after I read it is in chapters 18-21. There were tribes in Israel that had already been given their promised land and 7 tribes were still waiting to receive their share. Joshua had to wait 7 years and experience hardships along the way BUT the Lord was faithful and he received the land he was promised. Joshua 21:45 The LORD promised to do many good things, and He kept his promise every time. This weekend I turn 20 years old. It's a milestone for me. It signifies leaving my 'teen'age years behind and entering adulthood (not sure i'll ever consider myself an adult. I'm 5feet 2inches and still act obnoxious.) This weekend signifies a new beginning for me. Months ago I found out that my role model Kari was going to be in San Antonio the day before my birthday. I knew right then and there I had to do everything in my being to meet her. Well, today marks the day that I start receiving my own personal harvest from the Lord that I've been waiting for. My friend Jordan and I collaborated and came up with a great plan. Jordan took full force and things started rolling. 
Around 1:30 this afternoon I got a notification that Kari Jobe had followed me on twitter.
.... um WHAT!? Probably shouldn't have been checking twitter when I was driving because that was a potentially dangerous situation. I immediately started calling everyone who would even care/ know how much this person meant to me. -- oh it gets better, the Lord withholds  no good thing from those who love Him. Moments later I get a message from  Kari Jobe herself saying she'd love for me to come to her meet and greet at her show this weekend. 
OOOOOHHHH MMMYYY GOOOSSHHH! I've had time to settle down from everything, but that time is insignificant because I clearly have not gotten over it/ calmed down. It's been hours and I'm still shaking and just so excited. Thank you Jordan and thank You Lord! SO EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND! What a blessing. 20 is going to be a great year of harvest for me. 

1 comment:

  1. :) :) :) SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! who knew my friendship with her would come in handy at a time like this? GOD DID! best birthday ever, huh??? :) love you SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete