Saturday, March 31, 2012

Forever You are Faithful

SURPRISE! I am officially a Texas State Strutter. I say surprise because I barely told a soul I was even trying out haha. I've been praying about whether it's even something I should consider and God wanted me to have some fun next year so He told me "go!" basically at the last minute. I turned in my application in the day it was due which was last week and then this morning I woke up at 6am and drug myself to San Marcos and God had His way. I still don't know quite what to think, I think it all just happened so fast haha. Whether emotions show it or not, I am excited. Not to mention BLESSED! I haven't done that type of dancing/skills/intensity since I was in high school.. which I graduated from two years ago. God obviously wanted me on this team because I was 1 out of the 18 whose number was on that list today.
I started my day out by walking into the gym and being greeted by one of my new recent friends who just so happens to be the captain of the strutters this year and of course my twin Taylor who is also a current strutter officer. I without a doubt had the best tryout experience of all the girls there because of these two ladies. Who else's best friend rushes through their lunch so they have time to go over a dance routine with you? Who else's best friend prays over you before you dance in front of a room of dancers and judges? MINE! MINE! -- I have the best <3
Lesson learned from even these past few blogs alone, if You obey the Lord He will greatly reward you! It may require some sacrifice along the way, you may have to give up something you think is good but if God says no .. listen. He has a million other GREAT things waiting for you!

All the girls whose numbers were on the list were gathered in a hallway then we all walked into a room of screaming strutters hahahaha so fun. After all the tryout craziness Taylor, Lauren and I got some froyo.. for those of you who don't know Taylor she never eats froyo. -- that's a lie. And then I met up with the family in New Braunfels, went to church, and then we grabbed some dinner and dessert with one of my adopted families. (I'm spoiled, I have multiple families that treat me like their own). This is me and my bitesized BFFS. Andie is taking the photo or else she would be in it. Me and the littles were looking at a book of wedding cakes :) I love weddings.
And now .. I AM HOME! It's been a long day. My body is worn out. I'm sore, I have scrapes, I have bruises. BUT this is kind of normal for me, oddly enough.  -- You can see the forming of a nice lil bruise on my knee, let's hope that sucker heals quickly (it probably won't since i'll be dancing on it all week preparing for Easter..) but there's a chance! I also have some awesome toe knuckle bruises.. yes I know, so cute. I have no idea why there's a picture of my bruised knee on here, I just like taking pictures too much apparently. As if that wasn't enough I had a pinched nerve in my neck this morning, I don't think that's ever happened to me before but I got over it haha. This is not all to complain, like I said I'm used to the majority of the aforementioned  things. It's to show how weak I was throughout the day but God carried me through! I've been drilling myself to the ground with school,work and preparation for Easter services next weekend I already went into that tryout worn out and sleepless, but God put me in that situation and He got me through it.
Anyways, people's response to the strutter situation is so sweet! I've gotten messages,texts,comments,likes, you name it. It all means a lot. I'm so thankful for all of you!
Considering I can literally barely move I'm so sore and beat up, I am going to be taking full advantage of my Sabbath tomorrow :) I start a full week of back to back rehearsals and performances on Monday so I have to make sure I'm alive for that hehe.
Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment