Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oh boy, where to be begin. I have been awaiting/dreading this day for as long as I can remember, and it will be a night I won't ever forget. Tonight was my last night with Ben as residents of the same city. Going into this night I had the wrong mindset, wrong attitude, wrong everything but God knew the intentions in my heart and let them start to come out in my actions. "This is probably going to the bottom of the list of nights spent together" was probably the understatement of eternity, but strange enough there are moments of today I would not trade for absolutely anything.
A new chapter starts today [yes today, because it is almost 2am and why yes I do have to get up early for work in the morning.. somebody feel free to bring me caffeine to work] I have so many things going on in my head about it.

I won't go through every detail like I usually do, just believe me when I say it was special. Lovely dinner, messy dessert and surprise by sprinklers.. and one heck of a goodbye shared by two people who mean a lot to one another.
For those of you who texted me tonight, thank you so much. This situation doesn't seem like a big deal, but there's a lot more detail that goes into it than people know and encouragement means so much.

Ben and I are so blessed. With our faith and with eachother. Although the night started out rough [and it ended rough too, believe me] I left with a peace only God could give because everyone knows this situation sucks. I left with tears in my eyes and a full heart. I know the Lord will have His way in this relationship of two kids who love eachother in ways nobody will understand. The Lord's will, not ours, be done. -Easier said than done, but I know God's plan is far better than what Ben and I think we have figured out for ourselves. It will be crazy to see what happens this year. The Father is working in ways I don't understand at this point in time, only He knows the end result.

Prayer warrior friends. Please pray for me, as an individual needing strength and for Ben&I opening our eyes to the paths the Lord has set out for us!

Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment