Sunday, March 13, 2011

Keep my heart in PURITY.

 Today I woke up and the first thing I did was turn on my recorded episode of Glee from last week. Quite a few people had been talking about it, I figured it was about time I watched it. Well, this episode was flat out about sex haha. The title, up to the songs they sang, and their conversations.
- Ive been waiting to write a blog about this, I guess this gave me an outlet haha.
For a practicing Christian teen [or even adult] we should know that sex is a gift from God for those who are married. NOBODY ELSE!  God knows what he's talking about regardless of how in love you think you are with your boyfriend or girlfriend! As a teen exposed to the real world,I've seen temptations for those our age and how a lot of people have given into having sex before they're married.
NEWSFLASH: 70% of High School students are virgins contrary to "everyone's doing it" myth.  
It also seems that confiding in THE lover of your soul by reading God's word makes that temptation so much more easy to resist. - sure teens will still have it, but they'll know right from wrong by reading what God has to say about it.
My brother tends to remind me of 1 Corinthians 7.  
1 Corinthians 7:9 states that  if "two cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion."
Along with that, we must also be pure in our hearts and our minds.


Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart,for they will see God!


That little beauty in the middle is my purity ring. It's my promise to most importantly God, and myself that I will remain pure until my wedding day, so that when I marry my husband I can start a life with him not having any regrets as far as him having all of me.


This past episode of Glee made people who wanted to save sex seem like total nerdbombers. When in reality, we have the better end of things and we won't have that emotional baggage that comes with relations with another person.


Marriage is such a beautiful thing. Why not make it more special by giving the one you love something so important.  


Friends, I know some of you have already embarked on this road. I just ask that you respect your bodies. They're God's temple! He loves you, despite what anyone else makes you feel like you need to accomplish. Anyone who makes you go through something before you're ready isn't worth it. There ARE people out there who will respect you.                                                                                                                                     -You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His.


 Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment