Sunday, March 20, 2011

Secure Within Insecurity

Today on Day 18 of my facebook photo '30 Days About Me' adventure it asked me to post a photo of an insecurity. I didn't post a photo of this one because I felt like there was too much behind it, so I decided to write about it instead.
 As a female, I experience many insecurities just as most girls do. One of them you could say I was born with, and it used to be a big one for a while. For those of you who don't know the whole background.. my little sister and I were born a little different. She was born with crossed eyes, I was just born with a lazy eye. Who knew little kids could be so unforgiving when they noticed you were a little different. Luckily I was a strong girl who didn't let much get to me. I like to think of myself like Nemo with his lucky fin. He's different than all the other fish, but he is still loved. [Hence why Finding Nemo is one of my favorite movies] DUH.    So I'm a little different, but I'm still so loved it's ridiculous.   Some of the time you can't even notice my eye.. it just wanders around by itself, and sometimes it happens to wander in the right direction. Sometimes it's a little more obvious haha. But here I am, using it as a tool to get to other people who may think they have something wrong with them.
GOD MADE EACH ONE OF HIS CHILDREN UNIQUE
- that goes for boys and girls
We should rejoice in this wonderful truth.
"I praise you,God,because of the way you made me. 
Everything you do is marvelous!" - Psalm 139:14
Most of you have heard that verse before but probably came about it differently. "I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." ... whatever way gets it through your head GOD MADE YOU WONDERFUL AND WITHOUT MISTAKES.

At a fairly young age I was reading Song Of Solomon. Which, for those of you who have never read it is basically a bunch of love notes back and forth between a lover and their beloved. - probably my favorite book in the Bible along with Psalm. BUT ANYWAYS as a kid I came across a verse that totally shook my world.
Song of Solomon 1:15- How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are like doves.
Even still, at a young age I had to step back and not totally lose it.
Oh, how I still long for the day when I'm married and my husband will read me that verse. And even more, how I long for the day when I meet my Savior face to face and he tells me such things. By then outward appearance won't even matter!    For those few who I've had conversations with and you've asked me what some of my favorite Bible verses were, you probably didn't know why this one was on the list, but now you know the story behind it!  Everyone has those moments when we don't feel so great, just always know that "God made you special, and He loves you VERY much!" 
:)

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome blog! I love that Song of Solomon verse! You are beautiful inside and out (as I've told you many times). Don't let ANYONE tell you differently because they are wrong. Love you!

    ReplyDelete