Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ONEREPUBLIC

Oh my goodness. Where to begin.. Last night my fellow blogger Briana and our friend Lauren set off on a quest. This quest we will call ..
                                                                        -            the OneRepublic concert. So we get there and we just soak up the music. OneRepublic is awesome live, and their music has always been impressive to me. Their song 'Apologize' is probably one of their most recognized there's just something about the lyrics, even to that particular song that I just connect to. Something as simple as "I need you like a heart needs a beat, but it's nothing new." can be so powerful.  I have posted those lyrics as my facebook status on multiple occasions, just because it can relate to so much. So of course when they played 'Apologize' I freaked out. Along with "Come Home" "Everybody Loves Me" "Good Life" and "Stop and Stare" - also some of my other faves.  By this point I was getting restless, I just wanted to go nuts. Soo I did. I ran up to the front of the theater and before I knew it I was touching the stage [and eventually Ryan Tedder].  The band was just as good, if not better, live. It was seriously such a great show.
Afterwards, me and the girls pulled a total stalker move. They knew where a back entrance was so we snuck around and waited for the bands to come out by their tour buses. We hung out with one of the opening bands for a bit, but ended up leaving before OneRepublic came out because we were pooped.   Then Briana pretty much drove us to Austin on accident on our way home ;) so that itself was an adventure.
Overall: AMAZING night.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha :] that was the best night ever!! I'm so glad you came alex! it really wouldn't have been the same without you :]

    I mean who else would have accepted me after mistaking the opening band for onerepublic!!

    love you!!
    briana

    ReplyDelete